|Serpent Mounds in Ohio are among the sites proposed for submission to the World Heritage List.|
On Monday, March 5, 2012, the Federal government published a First Notice for the public to comment on the next potential U.S. nominations from the U.S. World Heritage Tentative List to the UNESCO World Heritage List, and on possible additions to the Tentative List.
The public has 15 days from the date of publication to submit comments.
U.S. World Heritage Tentative List
Cultural Sites (9)
- Civil Rights Movement Sites, Alabama
- Dayton Aviation Sites, Ohio
- Hopewell Ceremonial Earthworks, Ohio
- Thomas Jefferson Buildings, Virginia
- Mount Vernon, Virginia
- Poverty Point National Monument and State Historic Site, Louisiana [Selected To Prepare a Nomination in 2011; Draft Nomination in Preparation]
- San Antonio Franciscan Missions, Texas
- Serpent Mound, Ohio
- Frank Lloyd Wright Buildings [Selected To Prepare a Nomination in 2011; Draft Nomination in Preparation]
Natural Sites (4)
- Fagatele Bay National Marine Sanctuary, American Samoa
- Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge, Georgia
- Petrified Forest National Park, Arizona
- White Sands National Monument, New Mexico
Please provide all comments directly to
Office of International Affairs
National Park Service
1201 Eye Street NW., (0050).
Washington, DC 20005
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All comments will be a matter of public record.
The notice can be found at this link: