Map of some international sites (NPS)
International Underground Railroad Story Map
How to share your story
- Click here and fill out the form
- Please provide information about the significance by writing about one of the following topics:
- Experiences enslaved people faced on their journey to freedom
- How enslaved populations impacted broader history
- Why is it important to tell these stories?
- Click Submit
- A representative from World Heritage USA will contact you to request help with translating your story into English and/or the language of your country and, if necessary, for more information.
- The U.S. National Park Service’s National Underground Railroad Network to Freedom Program will feature one example telling the story of enslaved people, or communities, including a picture. An approximate location such as city and state of where the community/ person lived or settled should be provided to give context for this international movement.